Monday, April 28, 2008

Wine-ing

Sunday afternoon was lovely "me" time. I went out to lunch with some friends of mine and then to a wine tasting.

I know, I know...I'm breastfeeding. But you spit it out. Alcohol doesn't count unless you swallow it.

But I actually found I didn't like most of what was being offered. For the most part, I'm not a sweet wine person. And these wines?? SWEEEETTT. We're talking Manischewitz sweet. Not too good.

However, there were a few I did like.

Firstly, there was Noche. A chocolate ice wine. Yes, I said CHOCOLATE. If Special Dark was chilled and offered in a glass that's what this would be like. I actually bought a bottle there to save for when I can have more than just a taste.

Secondly, there was a Raspberry Wine. Very nice and light and fruity. Of course fruity...it's made with raspberries...sometimes I say stupid things.

And Thirdly, a Classic White. This was light, crisp, and tart. Kind of reminded me of eating a white grapefuit.

1 comment:

caramama said...

I also don't really like sweet wines, but I'd be willing to try a chocolate wine. Mmmmm...