Friday, March 21, 2008

Reading Challenge Progress

...is way behind schedule. By a whole book.

I just finished a parenting book titled, The Blessing of a Skinned Knee.

Normally, I detest parenting books because they go in a direction that seems counter to what you feel you is right and good. But I really liked this one.

It's based on Jewish traditional parenting techniques and said a lot of things that were familiar and comfortable to me. Brought to mind things I'd heard my parents say a thousand times:

"be useful as well as ornamental"
"It builds character"
...and so on.

It's a quick read and filled with lots of common sense. I loved it and heartily suggest it for reading if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Good for you for keeping up with the reading challenge! I have yet to read a single book this year that doesn't have lots of pretty illustrations and star some random children's character. Soon I will wander into the land of the adult reading selections.

caramama said...

Thanks for the book review! You know I love new recommendations!