Thursday, October 23, 2008

Play that Funky Music, White Boy

Despite Sasha's love of opera, chorale, Mommy playing Telleman on her flute, and his concert violinist Auntie's playing...Sasha's tastes in music are quite specific and not at all high falutin'.

Seriously, the kiddo loves his funk. Car Wash, Celebration, My Love is Like a Rollercoaster, Brick House, anything by George Clinton...Turn it up and the boy is a dancing fool.

I bought him some childrens CDs of Sesame Street songs and just traditional childrens music. He has some interest in Sesame Street (particularly Elmo's Song), but mostly it’s a bust.
Stick in a "best of the 70s" and the kid goes nuts.

As for Elmo, never ever ask him to say that name in public. He doesn't say it right, and what comes out sounds very wrong to be shouted by a one-year old.

1 comment:

caramama said...

I love that he is into funk! When I hear funk, I also become a dancing fool. The boy has good taste.