Monday, November 3, 2008

No Daylight Saved

So, yesterday *should* have been a day to catch up on a little sleep. It wasn’t, but it should have been.

Normally, given no disturbances to his sleep (like being bundled into the car at 6am), Sasha will happily snooze away till 8. We’ve learned that unless we want to be up till midnight, it’s best to wake him up at the usual crack-o-dawn time and go about our day earlier than anyone should ever have to on a weekend.

So, I thought, we’ll let him sleep in a bit and we’ll just start off Sunday on our new schedule. Seems logical right? Well, you’d be wrong.

Nope. He slept horribly the night before. And was cranky and tired all Sunday. And when cranky and tired? He also does not eat. Which does not help the mood.

It was a rather unpleasant day, despite my attempts to force sustenance, naptime, or distractions upon him. Not even naked bathtub fingerpainting was appreciated by him—and that combines some of his most favorite stuff (being naked, making artwork, being able to play in water, and making messes).

So, I myself am exhausted, cranky, and now have a huge and lovely obvious bitemark on my right cheek. And that’s the face cheek.

Also, Kerrygirl’s stomach issues seem to be back, but I wonder if this time it isn’t just worms. For one, this time she seems totally unphased. She’s behaving like her normal obnoxious self—eating everything in sight, bouncing everywhere with joy over nothing (knocking over furniture) and whining when something calls to her attention the fact she isn’t surgically attached to my leg. No moping. No hunger strikes. And then there have been the gifts. Yes, gifts. You always know fall and spring in our household. Because they are the seasons of Mud & Death. The hunting is good and the mudpits are even better making my chore list just absolutely explode. I guess another possibility is the C-word because kerries who get it seem to behave entirely too normal. If so, well, I don’t think it’d be a shock. Poor girl’s health has been so awful since we rescued her that I’m always expecting to find her unexpectedly passed on.

Speaking of chore list, I’m struggling to get thru my twice a year chores (packing away clothes, the Goodwill boxes, shampooing the carpets and drapes, organizing the office, and fixing the garden). The drapes are unsavable—torn, stained, and repulsive. I can’t seem to get Sasha’s carpet shampooed and his is the worst, easily. No opportunities to go spend time in the office alone (it doesn’t work with Sasha with me and Hubby just doesn’t get it). And I haven’t had time to work in the garden.

2 comments:

caramama said...

Sorry about your rough Sunday. We had no nap on Saturday (urg!!!) and a really rough night on Saturday night. Something must have been in the air or the phase of the moon or something.

I can't seem to ever get to all the chores either. I'm lucky to barely keep up with laundry and dishes... most of the time.

I hope kerrygirl feels better and it's nothing major.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a battle with the time change. Sorry to hear that. And I completely understand about not being to get things done with a toddler around. Luckily, DH gets it mostly but sometimes I need to strategically plan when to ask for his assistance.