Thursday, September 24, 2009

Workin'

So, I'm working hard on having somewhere I have billable hours on October 1st.

I'm doing it from all angles:
  • Looking for opportunities with my current employer
  • Looking for opportunities with companies that have tried to hire me in the last 6 months
  • Looking for opportunities with the company that won my job
  • Dreaming of how nice it would be to be a stay-at-home Mommy and totally ignoring the fact we wouldn't be able to pay our bills that way.

So far, and keep in mind this is after spending 30 minutes making phone calls, I have no reason to fear. I'll be employed at a same-or-better salary in the same complex. It may be in my same job. It may be with my same company. It may be something else entirely.


I'd prefer to stay with my company, however. I mean, the 401K matching, the leave accrual, and so on make it preferrable to stay. And I want to have a child in less than 2 years and I want to have a New-Mother-Friendly environment when I do--and they have one.

But I'm looking around just in case. After all, I recently had my bank account wiped out (one day Hubby will understand that THIS IS WHY I HORDE MONEY!!!). I don't have a safety cushion to live off of while I take my time.

No comments: