Friday, January 14, 2011

Not that He's Billy Eliot...

I thought we sent Sasha to a modern, enlightened, non-denominational-general-religion-embracing, whole-child school.

I’m beginning to have my doubts.

While yes, their grace before meals makes no mention of God, but they do stop to say a poem expressing gratitude for food. While, yes, they do seem to have a nicely balanced view towards discipline and I think their expectations in that area are generally on par. I do not think they are “enlightened.” Case in point? The take home forms to sign up for extracurriculars like music, soccer, and dance.

I’ve been wanting to put Sasha in a dance class. And $12 for 120 classes seemed a wonderful deal.

But upon reading the form carefully while filling it out, I noticed a problem.

The class is only for girls.

1 comment:

caramama said...

It actually says that? That's ridiculous! Can you ask them about it?