Friday, May 30, 2008

31

  1. Well, we got much more sleep last night, but only because I gave up. I spent the night on the futon with the baby. I don't know why I need to be there...he doesn’t want to snuggle with me. I guess he just wants to be able to check in with me if he needs to. Yesterday he was so tired that he had trouble in every aspect and his Grandma called him Mr. Hyde. Hopefully a semi-decent night of sleep with his Mommy will help him out today.
  2. Yesterday Kerry snapped at the baby. Hubby kind of panicked, but really, I don't think it's a cause for concern, other than he needed to be watching better. She was asleep in her bed and Sasha came over to pet her. Unfortunately, he has not yet grasped "gentle" and so it was more like hitting. And Kerry doesn't like people touching her face in the first place. In my opinion, we just need to make sure that when the dogs are sleeping or eating he leaves them alone. Yes, Hubby, I'm saying you need to watch him better. The dog was just being a dog.
  3. I just signed a Birthday card that didn't say who it was for. I handed it to the front desk and he looked perturbed. How funny will it be if I was asked to sign my own card?
    I got myself a bag of Chocolate Mix Skittles today because it seemed weird and gross. And they are, in fact, weird and gross.

  • Vanilla-stale marshmallow.
    S'mores-Count Chocula marshmallows
    Chocolate Caramel--stale, crumbly, Russel Stovers caramel
    Chocolate Pudding--Hunts Chocolate canned pudding...with a bizzare aftertaste
    Brownie Batter--think burnt, scorched brownies. By far the worst.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm so with you on #2. I just got in a fight with my husband a few weeks ago because Alexis was hitting me over and over, despite me telling her to stop, and Jasmine (the Lhasa, you know, the dog that was bred to guard royalty!) nipped her. He was mad at the dog, but I say Alexis deserved it for hitting people. Not that I wasn't mad at the dog, because I was, but it wouldn't have happened if the kid would quit hitting me.

caramama said...

Does the title of this post mean that you turned 31? If so, Happy Birthday!!

And I hear ya with the dogs being dogs. There is only so much you can do. It's just as important to train the kiddo as the dog, and most important to watch them carefully when they are together.

Was the card for you? Too funny!