Monday, August 11, 2008

I am here but to serve his Lordship

It’s been an exhausting weekend.Besides driving all over creation with Kerrygirl for no good reason (apparently they decided to call my office early Sunday morning—before I showed up and they told me 1—that they didn’t know if they’d be able to make the appt. at all. Nice. Way to avoid and irritate.), dealing with Sasha has been a bit of a challenge.
You see, he’s decided that he wants to change things up a bit. Rather than eat us out of house and home; as had been his previous choice, he decided he wants to live on air. Food, apparently, is an unnecessary item to be shunned to such a degree that, should you be met with it, you need to hurl it with all your might away from you.
And should someone try to feed you, well, just tell them to talk to the hand.
Meanwhile, poor Mommy and Daddy here have been trying to get him to eat anything. ANYTHING!!! I even offered icecream and crème brulee (two things he previously relished) to get some calories in him. His favorite foods, nope. Nor foods he was previously lukewarm on, hated, or were entirely new.
Two bites were all he could muster from anything. So I offered about a thousand foods a day so those bites might add up.
That, combined with his newfound bossiness (followed by tantrum when his Lordship’s will is not catered to) has my patience worn thin. It’s so bad that even his Grandparents were referring to him as “a little putz” when I picked him up Friday. Of course, the wad of tuna splatted all over her wall and drapes may have had something to do with that.
Twoness shouldn’t be starting yet! I’m not ready!I thought I had about 4 months left.

2 comments:

caramama said...

Is it teething? Our ladyship refuses to eat almost everything (except yogurt) when the teething is really bad.

As for the twoness... I've just started reading The Happiest Toddler On The Block in an effort to deal with the toddler tantrums and frustrations. If it helps, I'll let you know.

Kimberly said...

I hate to break it to ya, but because I wish someone, ANYONE had told me, here it is: Three is soooo much worse than two. OK. You've been warned :)
I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a teeth thing. Our ped has said that even after they're through, they still hurt until they're completely in. Good luck!