Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Makin' some copies...

I have discovered what the odd, unique, yet peculiarly familiar cadence my son uses for speech is. Mostly because his grandma pointed it out to me.

Rich, The Irritating Copy Machine Boy.

The Richinator.

Rich.

**************************
He's coming off a bout of the stomach bug that he apparently caught while at the pediatricians getting his flu shot. Ironic, no?

**************************
Hubby decided that rather than deal with vomit and diarrhea and clingyness, to do all the tiling in the kitchen. It still needs to have the grout sealed & edges caulked (to the countertop), but the tile is up. Once that's done it's paint touch-up and undercounter lighting land and the kitchen will finally--after 5 1/5 years--be FINISHED!
**************************
Sasha's language continues to grow.
Last night it was, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!! I gonna show you chocolate cake!"
And he did.
In his caterpiller book.
One of 3 books that makes me wish Eric Carle was never born. But nonetheless, he DID show me chocolate cake. I just ended up have to re-read him the Very Hungry Caterpiller for the 90,982,342,349,082,304,980th time.
Tricky little boy...baiting me with chocolate cake....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were warned weren't we? At least I was ... about the need to repeat certain books, songs, etc. OVER AND OVER. Our torture includes the movie Cars, songs from Cars and Madagascar, and the Very Busy Spider from Eric Carle.

Congrats on the completion of the kitchen!

Becoming Mommy said...

Yes, I was warned. And I remember a little from younger siblings. But I guess you're just never quite prepared.
For us it's:
The Very Hungry Caterpiller
Brown Bear Brown Bear what do you see?
The Grouchy Ladybug
and
Everyone Poops.

The books are the most monotonous.