Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Must Have Some Bad Karma Stored Up

Life is trying to get back to normal.

I’m still on modified rest and not supposed to exercise and I’m not entirely sure what “exercise” consists of. I’m pretty sure that running several miles with two crazy dogs qualifies so I haven’t been able to work back up to my previous mileage yet. Others are still having to manage that.

However, I have several regular duties which probably should be considered “exercise” given how exhausted they make me and how strenuous it can be. And I’m still doing them of course. For example, giving Sasha a bath. He’s totally great with the idea of playing in the bathtub. It’s getting anything higher than his armpits wet that makes him totally freak out. He fights and thrashes and screams bloody murder and I have to wrestle him to wash his hair, face, and neck while attempting to keep the majority of the soapy water in the tub, get him clean, and not accidentally drown him.

Or the laundry which has to be hauled up and down the stairs.
Or the dogs’ grooming.
Or any number of other things.

I really wish doctors would define some of their instructions better.

I also have had the standard (for me) your-pregnancy-ended edema. My legs hurt, my shoes don’t fit, and it sometimes just seems this kind of thing is proof that God must hate me. Not only did I have to suffer during non-productive pregnancy but I have to have more when it’s over. And putting your feet up? Does. Not. Work.

I also have migraines…probably also from the hormonal shift. Thankfully I can take Excedrin, but even so it only takes the edge off and I still have a monster headache.

I suppose there’s nothing to do but wait till about mid-December. By then my hormones should have normalized, I’ll have physically healed, and I should have news on what our future holds.

1 comment:

caramama said...

Wishing you a quick physical recovery. I would wish a quick emotional recovery, but I don't know that that is possible.